Ottawa Guitar Orchestra
Details for the 2017-2018 season will be posted over the summer. Thank you to this year’s members and to those who came out to our final concert! Here are a few words from some current ensemble members:
“The 2016-2017 season of the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra was great for me. As an intermediate level guitarist, playing in an ensemble taught me a lot about music, teamwork, and performance. Regardless of your playing ability, I highly recommend joining this group!” – Karl
“I really enjoyed participating in the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra in 2016/17. The rehearsal atmosphere under director Craig Visser was relaxed, serious and supportive , providing a great environment for learning new music, ensemble skills, and developing musically. The repertoire was varied and interesting. It was fun and rewarding to meet, rehearse and perform with other guitarists motivated to play in a group.” – Anne
Inaugural season 2016-17
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes classical guitarists of all levels to participate in Ottawa’s first guitar orchestra!
- Participants will also have the opportunity to play in guitar duos, trios, and quartets.
- Players should have a basic foundation in reading music, a classical guitar, and a music stand.
- The Ottawa Guitar Orchestra will perform at the annual Ottawa Guitar Night in the second week of December 2016 as well as in concert on May 13th 2017.
- Weekly rehearsals will be on Saturday afternoons from 2-4 pm at the Glebe Community Centre (175 Third Avenue) starting on September 10th, 2016 and finishing May 6th, 2017.
How to Register:
- Contact Director Craig Visser at email@example.com if you are interested in joining the orchestra.
- Fee: $150/year or $125/year (OGS members).*$15 discount before August 15th*
- Payment by cash, cheque, or e-mail transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org must be received by the first rehearsal on September 10th.