The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes classical guitarists of all levels to participate in the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra!
- Participants will also have the opportunity to play in guitar duos, trios, and quartets.
- Players should have a basic foundation in reading music, a classical guitar, and a music stand.
- The Ottawa Guitar Orchestra will perform at the annual Ottawa Guitar Night in early December 2017 as well as in concert in May 2018.
- Rehearsals will be on Saturday afternoons from 2-4 pm at the Hunt Club Community Centre (3320 Paul Anka Drive) starting on September 16th, 2017 and finishing May 5th, 2018.
Session 1 (2017):
Session 2 (2018):
How to Register:
- Contact Director Craig Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the orchestra.
- Fee: $150/year or $125/year (OGS members). *$15 discount before August 15th*
- Payment by cash, cheque, or e-mail transfer to email@example.com must be received by the first rehearsal on September 16th.
Recordings from the Ottawa Guitar Night in December 2017:
Quest of Iranon – Richard Sembera
“Russian Dance” from The Nutcracker by P. I. Tchaikovsky, arr. Craig Visser
Here are a few words from some current ensemble members:
“The 2016-2017 season of the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra was great for me. As an intermediate level guitarist, playing in an ensemble taught me a lot about music, teamwork, and performance. Regardless of your playing ability, I highly recommend joining this group!” – Karl
“I really enjoyed participating in the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra in 2016/17. The rehearsal atmosphere under director Craig Visser was relaxed, serious and supportive , providing a great environment for learning new music, ensemble skills, and developing musically. The repertoire was varied and interesting. It was fun and rewarding to meet, rehearse and perform with other guitarists motivated to play in a group.” – Anne