CALL FOR SCORES
2018 Ottawa Guitar Society
Young Composers Competition
New Music for Solo Guitar
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes submissions of unpublished new works for solo guitar.
- Participants must be Canadian and under the age of 30.
- Pieces must be for six string guitar with no electronic elements and must be from 5 to 8 minutes in length.
- Scores will be created using Finale or Sibelius and submitted in PDF format to the following email: email@example.com
- Scores must contain the title of the piece only with no name. Participant names will only be included in the submission email and will be revealed to the jury after a winner has been selected.
- An audio recording must be included with the score. MIDI is accepted, but not preferred.
- October 1st, 2018 (winner announced on October 22nd).
- $400 and a premier performance by a select local guitarist at the 14th annual Guitare Alla Grande Festival in February 2019.
- publication with Les Productions d’Oz
* The jury’s decision will be final. Any unforeseen circumstances will be referred by the jury to the executive committee of the OGS for a final decision.
2017 – Intermountainous – Amy Brandon
2016 – Astral Projection – Nathan Bredeson