The Ottawa Guitar Society orchestra is taking a break for the 2020-2021 season due to COVID-19. We hope to be back up and running in September 2021, or when it is safe to do so. Thank you for your understanding.
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes classical guitarists of all levels to participate in the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra!
- Participants may also have the opportunity to play in guitar duos, trios, and quartets.
- Players should have a basic foundation in reading music, a classical guitar, and a music stand.
- The Ottawa Guitar Orchestra performs at the annual gala concert in early December as well as in an end of season concert in May.
- Rehearsals will be on Saturday afternoons from 2-4 pm at the Hunt Club Community Centre (3320 Paul Anka Drive) from September through May
How to Register:
- Contact Director Craig Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the orchestra.
- Fee: $150/year or $125/year (OGS members). *$15 discount before August 15th*
- Payment by cash, cheque, or e-mail transfer to email@example.com must be received by the first rehearsal on September 15th.
Recordings from the 2017 OGS Guitar Gala Night
Russian Dance from the Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker
The Quest of Iranon – Richard Sembera
Here are a few words from some current ensemble members:
“The 2016-2017 season of the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra was great for me. As an intermediate level guitarist, playing in an ensemble taught me a lot about music, teamwork, and performance. Regardless of your playing ability, I highly recommend joining this group!” – Karl
“I really enjoyed participating in the Ottawa Guitar Orchestra in 2016/17. The rehearsal atmosphere under director Craig Visser was relaxed, serious and supportive , providing a great environment for learning new music, ensemble skills, and developing musically. The repertoire was varied and interesting. It was fun and rewarding to meet, rehearse and perform with other guitarists motivated to play in a group.” – Anne