CALL FOR SCORES
2020 Ottawa Guitar Society
Young Composers Competition
New Music for Solo Guitar
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes submissions of unpublished new works for solo guitar.
- Participants must be Canadian and under the age of 30.
- Pieces must be for six string guitar with no electronic elements and must be from 5 to 8 minutes in length.
- Scores will be created using Finale or Sibelius and submitted in PDF format to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scores must contain the title of the piece only with no name. Participant names will only be included in the submission email and will be revealed to the jury after a winner has been selected.
- An audio recording must be included with the score. MIDI is accepted, but not preferred.
- October 1st, 2020 (winner announced on October 22nd).
- $400 plus a publication of the score with Les Productions d’Oz and a premier performance by a select local guitarist at the 16th annual Guitare Alla Grande Festival in February 2021.
* The jury’s decision will be final. Any unforeseen circumstances will be referred by the jury to the executive committee of the OGS for a final decision.
2020 – From Ancient Wounds – Bilal Nasser
2019 – Different Expectations – Silas Chinsen
2018 – Yeganeh – Sam Mason
2017 – Intermountainous – Amy Brandon
2016 – Astral Projection – Nathan Bredeson