CALL FOR SCORES
2021 Young Composers Competition
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes submissions of unpublished new works for solo guitar.
- Participants must be Canadian and under the age of 30.
- Pieces must be for six string classical guitar with no electronic elements and must be from 5 to 8 minutes in length.
- Scores will be created using Finale or Sibelius or other music notation software and submitted in PDF format to the following email: email@example.com
- Scores must contain the title of the piece only. The name of the composer must not be identified. Participant names will only be included in the submission email and will be revealed to the jury after a winner has been selected.
- An audio recording must be included with the score. MIDI is accepted, but not preferred.
- October 1st, 2021 (winner announced on October 22nd).
- 400 $
- Publication of the score with Les Productions d’OZ
- Premiere performance by a select local guitarist at the 17th annual Guitare Alla Grande Festival in March 2022.
* The jury’s decision will be final. Any unforeseen circumstances will be referred by the jury to the executive committee of the OGS for a final decision.
2020 – From Ancient Wounds – Bilal Nasser
2019 – Different Expectations – Silas Chinsen
2018 – Yeganeh – Sam Mason
2017 – Intermountainous – Amy Brandon
2016 – Astral Projection – Nathan Bredeson